Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Soccer star!

So, it begins...

The Saturdays spent on some freezing cold or scorching hot soccer field, sitting in my folding chair, cheering my lungs out for my little soccer star. I have officially become a "soccer mom."

That's right, Charlie started a little "Mikro" soccer league this past Saturday through Milwaukee Kickers. It brings a smile to my face because I too played soccer through the same league on a team called The Darts. My dad coached that team and I can only hope to someday coach one of Charlie's teams. However, thanks to my dad, I won't have to check out books from the library on how to coach soccer (like he did). He taught me everything I need to know. Thanks Dad!

Enjoy these pics from the first "practice." Charlie loved it and told us he scored 5 goals.

Ready to go!


Mr. serious

Swing!

Paying attention (??) to the coach

Getting his jersey ready. He chose to be #16

3 comments:

Jenn said...

When did Charlie become a teenager? He looks so big. Go soccer super star!

susan said...

Charlie:
I believe I saw you score 6 goals. Papa and I loved watching you! Brings back lots of good memories.

Love you a whole bunch of cookies

myMOMlife said...

I think Christina had a similar picture of Jack in his first soccer game...NOT paying attention. And weren't you and I always being yelled at for doing cartweels during games??? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree:)