Saturday, November 8, 2008

10 o'clock windup (a.k.a. bedtime)

When I was little, bedtime was called the "10 o'clock windup" because that's when my sister and I would be at our most hyper. Just as our parents wanted us to wind down and settle into bed, we would become total freaks, running and jumping around the house. Unfortunately, I am being paid back in spades and bedtime in our house has become a totally psycho affair. Charlie becomes even more hyper than usual (which is hard to imagine) and runs and jumps all over the place. Most nights, I can't help but laugh because it seems like just yesterday I was doing the same thing. He seems to have gotten Alex into the mix, too. Lord help me...




A moment of calm...

4 comments:

myMOMlife said...

And there was even a song to go with it...."It's the ten oclock wind up, yeah yeah, yeah" sung to the tune of rock around the clock, right? Oh Charlie...he is SO silly and Alex, please, please, just remain the sweet thing you are and not turn PSYCHOTIC like your big brother:)

Anonymous said...

Believe me, payback is so true! There are so many times that I just have to crack up at Ben and Max because what they are doing is exactly like Jayne and I when we were little. Linsey was too cool for us! Charlie and Alex will certainly keep you entertained. All you can do is smile!
Love you all- Auntie Suzi

Anonymous said...

I still have the 10:00 windup, I'm having it right now. Go for it Charlie!
Kater

Frank said...

Right now, these guys are attached at the hip. It's terrific to see. May this continue throughout their lives!!